Monday, September 26, 2005

We don't just do football here

So who's AJ going to play for next year? Here's a condensed version of his tirade, as reported in the Palm Beach Post:

"We play scared. We manage scared. We coach scared and I'm sick of it. It's depressing around here...It's like they expect us to mess up, and when we do they chew us out. There's no positive nothing around here for anybody...There's no positives on this staff whatsoever. None...It's a 3-3 game. I give up a home run, and it's a funeral. I give up one run, they expect me to give up more. I'm over it. I got one more start here and that's all that matters...A positive pat on the back is better than anything, and I ain't seen a positive pat on the back since April. Guys are out here busting their butts. We ain't trying to lose. We ain't trying to give up runs or strike out. Yet you still hear negativity. I ain't saying no names. It's just too much negativity."

Of course, Burnett can't expect any sympathy from his old-school manager Jack McKeon, who did not exactly rush to his pitcher's defense:

"Everybody gets frustrated at times. I think sometimes you have to look in the mirror...We certainly don't pitch, me or the coaches, and we don't hit. This is what happens when you play in the big leagues. You're on a stage. Everybody has to be held accountable...You've got to close them out. Good pitchers win those games."

Yikes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mitch Krpata said...

Thanks, Linda Johnson! Don't you stop, either!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Reggie Donovan said...

Wow, two spammers and it's only our fist day live!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Reggie Donovan said...

Fist day?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Mitch Krpata said...

Well it is a pretty great blog.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha. i love that the only people that are commenting that are not spammers are you guys.
awwwww.

even though i dont particularly like or know much about sports, i like your blog.

-molly

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home