Wednesday, October 19, 2005

NBA dress code: the players react

Clearly thinking first and foremost of Where's McCarver, the official NBA website has provided a list of articles detailing players' reactions to the new dress code. The first line of the official dress code says the general policy is business casual, a style of dress you're probably familiar with if you have a job.

Here are some of the better player responses.

Jermaine O'Neal: "My plan this year was to dress up anyway. I have 40 to 50 suits already. I should be one of the best-dressed guys this year."

Stephen Jackson: "I have no problem dressing up . . . because I know I'm a nice-looking guy."

Grant Hill: "I like to dress up."

LeBron James: "Sometimes you feel lazy and you don't feel like putting some clothes on, but this is a job."

T.J. Ford: "This was a rule they came up with, and we've got to follow the rules or they're going to take our money."

Jalen Rose: "But at the end of the day, whatever I wear to the game, whether I have on jewelry, a sports coat or not, when I dribble up the court, I'm still going to hear Notorious B, I'm still going to hear Tupac."

Oh, and by the way, commissioner David Stern's ice-cold response to Marcus Camby's complaint was, "We don’t know where the cut-off is. Maybe if you earn less than $8 million, you’ll get a scholarship from the commissioner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home