Friday, October 07, 2005

Everett, Massachusetts

Carl Everett is back, and the ex-Red Sox is not feeling the love for Boston:
"You paid your ticket just to say, `Boo, boo, boo?'" Everett said. "To me, you're the idiot. You're an idiot sitting there, boo, boo, boo. Keep going. It don't matter."
Speaking of boo-hooing -- or, I suppose, 'boo boo boo'-ing -- Everett's unhappiness with being moved down in the batting order prompted this response from manager Ozzie Guillen:
"I'm the manager, I make the best lineup," Guillen said. "Who are you to tell me why you play seven, six or eight [in the lineup]? I move you down to six, you look at yourself in the mirror and ask why. He doesn't like batting sixth he has two choices: Not playing or batting sixth."
Regardless of how deep they go in the playoffs, the Chicago White Sox are champions in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home