Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The rallying point at last

Just the thing for the Astros to seize upon as they look to come back from an 0-2 hole in the World Series: two local rappers have recorded songs. I'll allow that people who profess to know more about this sort of thing than I do will both readily tell you that both rappers are good at what they do, but scanning the lyrics, I'm a little skeptical. Particularly this one, from Paul Wall's "They Don't Know":
"George Bush is at every game to see them Astros do their thing. This year we at the World Series. Congratulations to Drayton McLane."
Again, I'm not saying this automatically makes Wall a bad rapper. All I'm saying is that I can't think of too many other rap songs that namecheck George H.W. Bush in a positive light. Except for that one song Kool Keith did about supply-side economics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home