Friday, October 07, 2005

If a guy's from New Hampshire, I'll probably quote him

Toronto Raptors reserve forward Matt Bonner has signed a new deal with the team worth $1 million dollars.

I bring this up because Bonner has stated publicly that, even though he can probably afford one, he still would rather not buy a car:

"I'd be selling out if I got a car," said Bonner, who will continue walking 15 minutes to the Air Canada Centre from his apartment.
I could point out that accepting a lucrative deal to play basektball for a living would be the very definition of selling out, but Bonner, like me and Chris Carpenter, is a New Hampshire man, so I'll cut him some slack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mitch Krpata said...

That is among the strangest things I think I've ever heard.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home